Executive Director of DevelopmentCompany: University of Central Arkansas
Date Posted: December 15, 2017
The University of Central Arkansas is seeking a dynamic and highly organized professional as its Executive Director of Development. This person will work closely with and report to the Vice President for University Advancement managing the day to day development activities including major gift and annual campaigns, donor solicitation and recognition programs, and special events, as well as managing the development staff and serving as a strategic fundraising consultant to campus stakeholders. This person will be a valued member of the Advancement Executive Council. Managing of development officers will include but not be limited to: goal setting, metric tracking, and regular 1:1 meetings with development officers. This individual will also carry a major gift portfolio of prospects with the capacity of $50,000 plus and will be evaluated on the production of the development team, including their personal metrics.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Management of University Development:
- Work with academic deans to provide coordination of all development programs, including: major gifts, annual giving, stewardship and planned giving programs.
- Provide direct supervision for development staff, including establishing and regularly monitoring performance goals.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to campus-wide development representatives that are not supervised under University Advancement.
- Coordinate fundraising effort with academic and auxiliary departments with expectations of meeting and/or exceeding all fundraising goals of the university.
- Identify philanthropic opportunities across campus
Major Gifts Fundraising:
- Serve as a principal gifts officer for a number of the university’s top prospects including individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Develop and implement an annual plan for increasing private support for capital, scholarship, faculty support and program needs.
- Work collaboratively with college development and advancement officers. Offer prospect strategy counsel to the vice president, development and advancement staff who are managing other prospects. Be a resource for development/advancement staff, from identifying potential volunteer connections to knowing about meeting and event spaces in key locations.
- Minimum of three years of experience in development; Related experience will be considered;
- Proven personal record of successful development results;
- Vast knowledge of capital campaigns in higher education; Related experience will be considered;
- Knowledge of fund-raising skills, prospect management processes and metrical evaluations as they relate to university development;
- Demonstrated abilities to work collaboratively with other development personnel;
- Well-developed capabilities in strategic planning, problem solving, attention to detail and task completion;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills;
- Successful campaign experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s degree preferred;
- Willingness to be an active member of professional associations;
- Willingness to be an active member in the Conway Community;
- Willingness to work primarily in the region but some additional travel will be required;
- Willingness to work on weekends;
Applicants must online at jobs.uca.edu with a letter of interest that addresses qualifications for the position; resume; and contact information for three current professional references.
Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by January 2, 2018 will receive full consideration.
UCA is an AA/EO employer.