Director of Development and External RelationsCompany: University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Date Posted: January 4, 2018
The Director of Development and External Relations (DOD/ER) will work with the College of Education and Health Professions and report to the Executive Director of Development. This position serves as a valued member of the university fundraising team with specific responsibility for the identification, engagement, solicitation, and stewardship of existing and prospective College of Education and Health Professions donors with an annual expectation of personal visits and gift productivity. Additionally, the DOD/ER will manage all corporate interactions benefiting students. This position is governed by state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a major gift portfolio of existing donors, meeting regularly to assess giving ability, cultivate relationships, solicit gifts meeting college priorities, and provide meaningful stewardship;
- Perform a minimum of ten (10) meaningful face-to-face visits weekly connected to the portfolio of donors and prospective donors;
- Identify prospective donors through research, networking, referrals, and other means appropriate;
- Prepare proposals, presentation, and resulting gift agreements;
- Document meaningful contacts and goal statements in the donor management system;
- Provide leadership and staffing to all college departmental Advisory Councils;
- Provide leadership to an alumni constituent chapter;
- Work with the college dean and executive director of development to determine appropriate fundraising priorities for the college;
- Develop and manage corporate interactions providing College of Education and Health Professions students with employment opportunities;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with colleagues, donors, and university officials;
- Ability to manage a major gift portfolio of existing and prospective donors;
- Ability to prepare proposals, presentations, and gift agreements;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes night, weekends, and holidays;
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle and hold a valid driver’s license;
- Ability to travel in and out of state, which may include overnight stays.
Required Education and/or Experience
An earned Bachelor’s degree and
1-3 years fundraising/development experience.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
3+ years fundraising/development experience preferred; Experience with Advance or similar donor management software; Understanding of large complex, decentralized public higher education institutions; Work with high self-imposed standards and discipline; Familiarity of local, state, and regional business and philanthropic leadership.
Apply Here: https://ualr.peopleadmin.com/postings/7000