Development AssistantCompany: Arkansas Hospice
Date Posted: October 5, 2017
- Accurately enters gifts (cash, credit card, online, in-kind, matching, recurring, employee withholdings) into database within defined timeline, assigning appeal and fund codes and other required information. Generates receipts and acknowledgement letters within defined timeline. Notifies appropriate AFH staff of donations of defined amounts, and AH staff of patient/family acknowledgements and notes.
- Deposits daily donations, utilizing the EFT Network for checks and taking cash to bank.
- Sets up tributes as needed in database, utilizing information in patient database and online obituaries. Generates letters to caregivers who list Arkansas Hospice as recipient of memorial gifts.
- Serves as primary contact for donors calling to make memorial donations, answering calls in a professional and courteous manner. Responds to requests regarding gifts as necessary. Contacts donors when necessary to clarify donor intent.
- Adds new constituent information to the database as needed, analyzing information and populating appropriate data fields, including address, constituency and solicit information, and relationship links. Ensures all information in donor records is current, accurate, and meets organizational standards when setting up new constituents, setting up tributes, accessing records and through routine clean-up. Ensures that employee and volunteer records are current and accurate in the database. Conducts research on organizations to determine primary contacts, relationships, etc.
- Organizes, coordinates, and maintains the integrity of hard-copy filing system.
- Serves as ongoing point of contact for third party event participants. Work with the Strategic Communications and Media Manager to ensure third party fundraising is promoted and supported in relevant publications and media platforms to ensure maximum exposure.
- Assists the Director of Development with special events. Attends and participates in event related activities and meetings.
- Provide support for on-going development activities including moves management and prospect research.
- Create and send e-alerts as directed.
- Collects AHF mail from front desk, distributing to correct personnel.
- Generates staff roster and emergency phone lists.
- Supports the Foundation Executive Assistant on logistics and other tasks for Board activities including in-person support, i.e. recording committee meeting minutes.
- Orders and maintains adequate stock of office supplies for staff needs. Maintains the organization of supply closet and attractive display of AHF office area. Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Accepts direction and follows instructions from supervisor; seeks additional information as needed; works with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to all organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Continually meets organizational standards for attendance and punctuality; notifies supervisor in a timely manner when employee will be absent or late for work.
- Attends all required meetings and in-services; seeks opportunities for additional professional development activities as appropriate.
- Works successfully with all staff, board and volunteers to help fulfill the Foundation’s mission.
- Suggests changes in procedures for improved efficiency.
- Assists with Foundation mailings and performs other duties as assigned.
- Represents Arkansas Hospice in a positive manner.
- Bachelor’s degree, though an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
- A minimum of two years administrative experience with computer software, data entry, database maintenance, research, and administrative operations; preferably supporting a nonprofit fundraising or advancement office.
- Highly detail-oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry.
- Working knowledge of database software equivalent to at least one year experience. Experience with Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Minimum accurate typing speed of 45 wpm.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively, professionally and cordially, and to function well within the team setting.
- Ability to use all standard office equipment, i.e., fax machine, copier, e-mail and telephone.
- Prior experience with not-for-profit organizations desired.
- Must have automobile with required insurance coverage and Arkansas driver’s license.
- Belief in and support of Arkansas Hospice mission and philosophy.