Development OfficerCompany: Make-A-Wish Mid-South
Date Posted: August 8, 2017
Increase financial resources and awareness for Make-A-Wish Mid-South. Meet set fundraising goals through the management of all fundraising areas in Central and South Arkansas.
- Develop strategies and implement plans to renew, upgrade and acquire corporations through Wishmakers at Work efforts, matching gift opportunities, cause marketing, corporate giving and sponsorships.
- Coordinate external special events to ensure that event policies are being adhered to and meet the requirement for maintaining the Make-A-Wish® brand.
- Create and implement plan for solicitation and cultivation of schools and youth groups through the Kids for Wish Kids program.
- Manage the Central Arkansas Regional Board program and activities
- Oversee and execute the planning, production and logistics of Evening of Wishes event and Heart-filled Wish-A-Thon.
- Solicit and secure donations from Clubs and Organizations, Family and Community Foundations, Individuals and Monthly Wishmakers.
- Represent the Foundation positively at speaking engagements/presentations to various groups and donors.
- Manage the Young Professionals Group growing their membership and their fundraising.
- Oversee development intern and supervise their progress and activity.
- Establish and maintain excellent donor relationships by implementing the chapter donor stewardship plan.
- Attend fundraising events when appropriate and approved. Evening and weekend work and/or travel are required with varying frequency.
- Participate in weekly Development Department Meetings, quarterly Department Meetings and one-on-one meetings with the VP of Development as scheduled or requested.
- Act as a liaison between Wish Sponsors and volunteers when needed and as appropriate.
- Prepare regularly scheduled or special reports accurately and efficiently.
- Work independently and efficiently with minimal onsite supervision.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Minimum two years fund-raising, sales or event planning experience preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to focus on details
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to motivate and support a diverse constituency
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Make-A-Wish
- Thorough understanding of the Little Rock community as well as regional area
- Has the ability and willingness to travel regionally as required in this position
- Problem Solving
- Professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge
This position is located in Little Rock, AR. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.