Director of DevelopmentCompany: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Date Posted: July 21, 2017
The Director of Development works closely with the College of Medicine. As a major gift officer for the University, the Director is dedicated to the cultivation and solicitation of gifts in support of the UAMS mission. The Director will maintain a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors which may include alumni, patients and friends of the University.
- Manage a portfolio of 100 prospects and donors with primary focus on major gifts of $50,000 and above. Successfully engage with donors in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Attain monthly and annual metrics for in person contacts, proposals and funds generated.
- Develop a moves management plan for each prospect.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with University leaders and faculty, staff and volunteers to cultivate relationships and solicit major gifts.
- Provide coordination of appropriate fundraising materials including, but not limited to, case statements, brochures, solicitation letters, major gift proposals, and campaign status reports, working with Institutional Advancement and the UAMS Office of Communications and Marketing.
- Manage annual giving program through consultation with Director of Annual Giving Programs. Qualify major gift prospects as part of grateful patient programs.
- Possess a willingness to travel frequently around the state to meet with regional staff, advisory committee meetings, and potential donors.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field plus 5 years of fundraising or related experience, preferably in raising major and mid-level gifts in an educational, research, or health care setting. Must have a valid Driver's License. CFRE Preferred.
To apply, please go to https://jobs.uams.edu/ and search for Requisition ID 2017-38592 Director of Development.